Sweet Rice or Meetha Chaval is one of the rice recipes that is offered to god during Navratri and Holi. A sweet main course rice recipe when you are craving for something sweet. Its a widely made Indian Rice Recipe. Chef Annuradha Toshniwal teaches how to cook this simple and easy to make quick homemade recipe sweet rice or meetha chawal.
1 cup Basmati Rice
2 cups Water
1 cup Sugar
Ghee (Clarified Butter)
– Take the rice and wash it well, add 2 cups of water and cook it like normal rice
– When the rice is ready add sugar to the rice lightly mix, cover the pan, turn off the flame and let the sugar melt for about 10 – 15 mins
– In a pan add ghee and add green cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon sticks, pine nuts and roast them lightly
– Add the tempering to the rice, soaked saffron and mix everything well.
– Plate it and sprinkle some cardamom powder, Almond flakes, pistachios flake and its ready to be served.
Subscribe & Stay Tuned –http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c…
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood