This is not the authentic recipe of Swedish meatballs, and you won’t care about that once you taste them. These meatballs are juicy and moist, I’ve chosen ingredients that enhances the flavor, making it a dish to remember. Get written instruction for this recipe here: http://www.munatycooking.com/2013/05/…
Serves 2. One serving 300 calories
For the meatballs:
1 1/2 tablespoons minced onion
2 teaspoons olive oil
8oz (200 gm) 95% lean ground beef
1 tablespoon bread crumbs from fresh or stale bread
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 Red chili powder (optional)
1/4 Cardamom powder
– Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
– In a bowl add all the ingredients and mix well.
– Make 10 balls from this mixture, and bake for 17 to 20 minutes.
– Take out the meatballs from the oven and immediately cover, this will keep them moist.
– Now start making the sauce.
For the sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup water (at room temperature)
1/2 cube chicken bullion (reduced salt)
– Add butter to hot pan.
– Add the flour and stir for two minutes on medium heat.
– Add bullion to water, it won’t mix but will make it easy when making the sauce.
– Add the previous mixture to the flour and butter and stir continuously to prevent lumps. When thick add the black pepper and the meatballs.
– Let it simmer on low heat for 2 minutes. Serve hot.