6kg lamb’s breast, ribs removed
1 cup coarse sea salt
6 Tbs brown sugar
3 Tbs cracked black pepper
1 tsp ground cardamom
2 tsp ground nutmeg
3 Tbs cracked coriander seeds
Pinch ground cloves
4 sprigs rosemary
2 sprigs thyme
1. Mix the dry ingredients and rub into the meat.
2. Leave to cure for two days and cold smoke.
3. Roll the breasts and tie with butcher’s string.
4. Poach in lamb stock until tender and drain the stock.
5. Refrigerate until the breasts are set and slice into 3cm thick slices.
6. Grill on the braai and baste with a BBQ sauce.
Watercress, gorgonzola and summer fruit salad, quince and mustard vinaigrette
2kg cherry tomatoes
2kg fresh black figs
500gh pomegranate pearls
2kg PnP Finest poached pears, sliced
500g spiced nuts
Mustard and quince vinaigrette
100ml quince jelly
20ml Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon mustard seeds
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 egg yolk
250ml vegetable oil
50g grated pecorino
1. Mix all the salad ingredients into a bowl.
2. Blend all the vinaigrette ingredients until smooth and season to taste.
3. Dress the salad just before serving and toss gently.