Glenn Taylor, Director of Culinary Services at the University of Maine, shows us how to make a delicious Pumpkin Chicken Curry.
* 2 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast 1 Cup Diced Onion
* 4 tsp Curry Powder
* 1 tsp Ground Coriander
* 1 tsp Ground Cardamom
* 3 & 3/4 Cup Diced Tomato
* 3 & 1/2 Cup Pumpkin
* 2 Cup Seedless Raisins
* 2 Cup Chicken Stock
1) Heat oil in large sauce pan or skillet and cook chicken over medium heat until done.
2) Slice chicken and set aside.
3) Add onions to the same pan and cook until translucent.
4) Add curry, cardamom, coriander, and raisins.
5) Stir in chicken broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
6) Add pumpkin.
7) Add chicken and simmer, covered, until thickened.
8) Add salt to taste.
Makes 8 servings