A fruity delight that is low in calories yet very tasty. Fresh pineapple puree perks up the flavour,however you need to cook it with sugar to get the real flavour.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
1 cup of pineapple purée
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp ghee
1 cup semolina (rava)
1 cup low-fat milk (99.7% fat-free)
3 tbsp sugar substitute
a few saffron (kesar) strands dissolved with
2 tbsp low-fat milk
1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
For The Garnish
a few of saffron (kesar) strands
1. Combine the pineapple purée and sugar in a kadhai, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally and keep aside.
2. Heat the ghee in a deep kadhai, add the semolina, mix well and sauté on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes, till light pink in colour, while stirring continuously.
3. Add the milk, 2 cups water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
4. Add the sugar substitute, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, till dry, while stirring continuously.
5. Add the prepared pineapple mixture, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
6. Add the saffron-milk mixture and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
7. Sprinkle a few strands of saffron in a glass bowl, add the prepared sheera and demould it on a serving plate and serve immediately.