One of the winning recipes from the Doctor’s Recipe Contest.
Dr. Vaishali Nilesh Rangnekar – Green Cucumber Cake
GREEN CUCUMBER CAKE
1 medium cucumber, grated
250 grams semolina
2 tablespoons ghee + for greasing
1 cup grated jaggery
¾ cup cashewnuts
¾ cup almonds
½ cup peanuts
2 tablespoons raisins
½ cup fresh scraped coconut
½ teaspoon green cardamom powder
½ tablespoon baking soda
1. Grease an aluminium baking tin with some ghee. Heat sufficient water in a steamer.
2. Heat a non-stick pan. Add semolina and ghee, mix and sauté till semolina turns golden. Transfer in a bowl.
3. Crush cashewnuts, almonds and peanuts coarsely.
4. Add jaggery to the semolina and mix well. Add cucumber, crushed cashewnuts, raisins, crushed almonds and crushed peanuts and mix well.
5. Add coconut and cardamom powder and mix well. Add baking soda and mix well.
6. Transfer the prepared mixture in the greased tin and spread evenly. Steam in the steamer for 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf